Our Vision – Scenario 2020
The Company has created a single effective waste disposal system on national level and has developed a network of regional sanitary landfills and appropriate number of waste transport stations linked with these landfills as an integral part of a national integrated waste management system. A waste separation and recycling system is introduced and effectively working.
Our mission is to manage the transition from an unregulated system of solid waste disposal towards a waste management system in compliance with European standards. For this long term transition process the following key activities need to be implemented in parallel:
- Rehabilitating existing landfills to the measure needed until new regional landfills enter in function
- Closing down existing landfills that are no more needed
- Constructing new regional landfills including transfer systems and waste recovery facilities
- Assuring involvement of all regional stakeholders for operating the new systems
- Raising awareness for involving citizens in waste separation and recycling