Project implementation process
- Scoping report. The scoping report was officially submitted to the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture of Georgia in early June 2020;
- Meetings with the population. Information flyers were distributed to the population of surrounding villages of the area intended for the construction of a new regional non-hazardous waste landfill. During the public review of the scoping report the public has been informed about the details of the scoping report and the project progress;
- Scoping opinion. On July 23, 2020, the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture of Georgia issued a scoping opinion;
- Environmental Impact Assessment. The Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process is underway. EIA report will address recommendations and comments from the scoping opinion;
- Detailed design. Preparation of detailed design (project) of the new regional non-hazardous waste landfill and transfer station is underway;
- Geotechnical survey. A geotechnical survey is ongoing in order to collect detailed data to be included in the EIA report;
- Public consultations/review. Extended meetings with stakeholders are planned by the end of 2020 to share the findings (results) of the EIA process and to receive comments from the public.